mkn design is a design and illustration studio.
Motivated by problem-solving, Michael researches, questions, and listens–resulting in thoughtful, compelling experiences for brands.
• Creative and Art Direction
• Design: print, digital, and environmental applications
• Brand Identity
Interested in partnering with mkn design? Or want to lean more about his process and experience – contact him here.
Some of my work is featured on Dwell:
Awards and Accolades:
• Heinz Jordan Award – Best in Show, Sheridan College and Heinz Jordan, 1998.
• American Advertising Awards – Creative Excellence for Steelcase.com, 2000.
• Communication Arts – Typography Annual Award, 2014.
• AIGA Philadelphia Animate! – Fellow Award Gif Animation, 2014
• AIGA Baltimore, Blue Ridge & University of Baltimore – O! Say, Can You Design a Poster?" – Award of Excellence, 2014
• Design for Good, Identity System – AIGA Behance Project Feature, 2015
• Dwell – design and illustration work featured on dwell.com and in the issue of Dwell Magazine, December, 2016.
• Monsa Publications – featured work of Urban Totem for the book, Skate, Surf and Art, 2017